Error during installation

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:08 PM
During installation on MOSS 2007 web server I receive an exception 1001, System.Exception thrown right after the requirement check.

We are running on an x64 system, I don't know if that would be the issue, or what. Any help would be appreciated!
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2008 at 8:16 AM
Hi,
I know. The setup program doesn't work on x64 ... sorry.
I have to correct this but I don't have a such available server to test and debug. I must find one.

As soon as I'll find the solution, I'll post a release version.
Apr 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Hi,

we got the same error (also on Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition SP2).

As there is no release version yet, is there any workaround, to get the .wsp and install it manually?
I'd really appreciate to install your feature, cause i don't have any other idea how to realize this function.

EDIT:

Could find a workaround in unpacking the msi via msiexec /a SPListDisplaySetting.msi /qn TARGETDIR="dir"
and installing the .wsp manually.
Jun 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM
Hi,
    I have installed the solution on one front end in the farm. And I had lot of problems mentioned in other posts and this post too. I deactivated the feature and removed the solution from my farm manuall using stsadm. And using the C:\Program Files\Bewise\SPListDisplaySetting\Bewise.SharePoint.SPListDisplaySetting.wsp solution files I installed the solution on to the farm using stsadm manually. It installed the feature on both the servers and the feature is working fine.

Thanks,
Bhuvan.