Farm environment installation

Mar 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM
In a server farm environment, has the *.msi to be installed on ALL web front end servers or is the solution and the required files (assemblies, templates etc.) automatically deployed to all front end servers?
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Hi,

I didn't test the feature in Farm environment but I think you have to install the .msi on all the server of the farm.

Suchii
Jun 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Hi ,
I have the same problem .I could install the feature single server.But when I try to install the feature to a farm enviroment.Display Setting Feature deployed but could not work.When I installed the feature to a web front end.Other front end server get the changes.DefaultTemplate.ascx file changes only first front end server where I installed the feature.Then I manually changed all DefaultTemplates.ascx file with the updated DefaultTemplates.ascx file on other front end server.But It could  not work.Is there any solution for installing farm enviroment.

Thanks
Jun 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM
Hi,
    I have installed the solution on one front end in the farm. And I had lot of problems mentioned in other posts and this post too. I deactivated the feature and removed the solution from my farm manuall using stsadm. And using the C:\Program Files\Bewise\SPListDisplaySetting\Bewise.SharePoint.SPListDisplaySetting.wsp solution files I installed the solution on to the farm using stsadm manually. It installed the feature on both the servers and the feature is working fine.

Thanks,
Bhuvan.
Apr 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I have the same type of problem in a Farm installation.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I have installed the .msi on both of my front-end webservers.<o:p></o:p>

And the feature seems to be installed correctly on bothservers (I can see the feature listed).<o:p></o:p>

However, the list I created on “server A” does not work on “serverB”<o:p></o:p>

On “server B” all I get is a blank page…<o:p></o:p>

Any Idea why it would work correctly on the first server andnot the second? <o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Also, I get an error message on “Server B”</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Load control template file/_controltemplates/DefaultTemplates.ascx failed: Could not load file orassembly 'Bewise.SharePoint.SPListDisplaySetting, Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ff7b91f6a8ac16d4' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified.</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks... <o:p></o:p>

AndrewHammarbeck <o:p></o:p>

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM

HI all,

HI, I'm very interested in this feature, is a fantastic idea and very usefull but I can find if this sollution works fine in 64 bits enviroment

I could install this feature with the wsp file. .msi doesn´t work to me.

The problem is that  feature doesn's works correctly, I can configurate the fields, but that fields was shown every time, ...

Are there Anyone with a farm installation in 64b enviroment and this feature works correctly??

Thank you