Feature not listed in Site Features

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:47 PM
I successfully completed the installer on my sharepoint box, with no problems. However, the feature does not show up in the list of available features on the site collection. Using stsadm to activate the feature for the collection works, but I still do not see the feature or the link for "Display settings" on any of my sites.
Aug 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM
Exact Same problem.

Know the x64 installer doesnt work.  installed on 32bit server to grab dll and wsp.  can't find feature.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
mike
Oct 6, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2008 at 3:27 PM
I noticed that this feature did not show up when I installed this on a 32 bit system as well. But I also noticed that there were a boatload of unactivated features from me installing all of those templates from Microsoft. Maybe there is an order of operations here that we are not aware of. In any of the screenshots I have seen of working installations I do not see the template features listed next to the place where this one should appear. Did anyone else install other things before this and have it work? Did everyone that does not have it working also have already installed the templates from MS? 

Also I have installed some stuff from Bamboo. Maybe that is conflicting?

I can't think of much else.
Oct 22, 2008 at 10:20 AM
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem, installation succesful, but then the feature dosnt show up on the site features.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM
You must go in Central Administrator > Site Collections Features and not in Site Features. This is a Site Feature and not a Web Feature
Feb 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Thank you.
As always,
Linda Lalewicz
Reality Lite - Making your reality better!
http://realitylite.smugmug.com

To: lalewicz@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2009 11:19:19 AM
Subject: Re: Feature not listed in Site Features [SPListDisplaySetting:29816]

You must go in Central Administrator > Site Collections Features and not in Site Features. This is a Site Feature and not a Web Feature