SPListDisplaySetting and required fields

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Hi,

I have a list with some required fields. I enabled the Display Settings, then I changed the status of one field to 'not required', however the Display Settings configuration page still shows the field as required and I am not able to customize if the field should appear on a "New" page. Just to Mention, the List uses two different content types, on both the field is set to 'optional'.

What can I do to solve this? Is there a way to remove the Display Settings Properties from the web (as settings for lists are stored in the Web's Properties)?

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:28 AM

hi kpriemer

I dont know exactly  but i had this problem . I removed  this field and i created a gain ( with status  'not required',)  . then it works correctly with splistsetting .

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM, kpriemer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a list with some required fields. I enabled the Display Settings, then I changed the status of one field to 'not required', however the Display Settings configuration page still shows the field as required and I am not able to customize if the field should appear on a "New" page. Just to Mention, the List uses two different content types, on both the field is set to 'optional'.

What can I do to solve this? Is there a way to remove the Display Settings Properties from the web (as settings for lists are stored in the Web's Properties)?

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPListDisplaySetting@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPListDisplaySetting@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 31, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. If a field is changed from “Required” to “Not required” then the display settings page does not open up.

I get the following error:-

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Any idea what to do to solve this?