Not filtering correctly

Mar 24, 2008 at 7:48 PM
I have been able to install the feature, activate it, and see the feature, but when I try to hide something, no luck. I have read the custom list not working post and followed the steps and customized the XML file with no luck.

Single Sharepoint moss site with subsites. test it on the subsite and parent. after setting the groups. the other members still see information

I have deavtivated the feature, uninstalled, reinstalled and reavtived it. I have also force IIS restart.

Next suggestion
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM
Hi,

Which type of list do you use ?
As I explain in an other post, this feature doesn't support all type of lists. It's not because you're able to see the "Display Setting" menu item in your list setting that this feature is able to work with the list.
Mar 25, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM
I started with a contact list, then started to customize it, once I realized the filter not working, I tryied just a straight custom list of five feilds after reading and following the post on custom lists to see if this helps,

Also, When i'm in Grid view, the "Display Setting is not in the menu"

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Did you restart your application pool after installation (with IISRESET command for example) ?
I'm surprise to hear that it's doesn't work on a contact list ....
Mar 25, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Yes, I force Restart of IIS,(IIS Stop / IIS start, not IIS restart) I agree I started with a contact list and then custimized it.
Will will reboot the box and let you know this afternoon

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2008 at 10:11 AM
Could you send me at laurent.cotton@bewise.fr :
- the file "DefaultTemplates.ascx" available on "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extension\12\template\controltemplates" folder,
- a screenshot of the "General settings" page of your contact list,
- a screenshot of the "Display setting" page for the same list.

Do you use SharePoint Designer to transform the ListViewWebPart to XSLT on any page of this list (NewForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx or DispForm.aspx) ?
Can you check that your C:\Windows\Assembly folder contains the Assembly "Bewise.SharePoint.SPListDisplaySetting"

Thanks
Apr 9, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2008 at 9:36 AM
I've got the same problem (and went through the same steps as nhnerd). Until now it won't hide anything with any type of list and almost every setting.
Would like to hear any type of suggestion or solution.

Thanks
Apr 9, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2008 at 9:35 AM
double, sorry
May 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Hi,
I am having the same issue with a calendar list.  I would like to disable the "All Day" check box.  I am able to set each setting to "never" display, but it still shows the option when a new event is created.  Could someone please help?

Thanks
May 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Hello all,

I have the exact same problem with this feature.
Jul 25, 2008 at 10:17 AM
i'm running into the same problem: columns are showing up when creating a new item though i set it to "never". funnily, the app works fine on the test environment, but not on the productive one. there are no differences that i' know about between the two systems. any ideas?
Aug 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM
I am having the same problem as well - have you found a resolution? I can see the Display Settings feature, but when I choose to display never for edit/new/display, the settings don't take effect. Frustrating...

I've done and IIS reset, tried different types of lists, etc, but can't get the Display Settings to take effect.
Jan 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I am also facing the same issue. Any solution?